Sunday, August 26, 2012

Peach, fuschia and a crochet poncho


Miss Liongirl received her first Barbie from her cousins for her third birthday. This Barbie came with a car but unfortunately she also came with a dress that finished at groin level and was, well, pretty skanky. How excited was I to stumble onto this vintage peach and fuschia wardrobe stuffed full of outfits, shoes and coathangers. And the outfits, well this little crochet poncho and maxidress ensemble is just the tip of the iceberg. Doesn't that dress just perfectly bring out her 80's eyeshadow? And I'm predicting peach and fuschia the new hot colour combo for Summer.

The great pre Spring purge is ongoing and after handing over four more bags to the op shop, I had a quick wander and nearly fainted at the sight of this pillowcase peeking out of the pile. I have this same sheet in the purple/blue combo and this one was on my wishlist. I practically pulled apart the shelves looking for the matching sheet in equally pristine condition, but no such luck.


We have been enjoying all this sunshine, climbing trees ( she is the fearless one who climbs higher, goes faster, pushes the boundaries, despite being three to his six),


making collages,


and for once sitting still long enough for a proper photo in the morning sunlight.


Hoping the weekend has brought sunshine to you all.

14 comments:

  1. oh that collage is fantastic!!! as is the BEAUTIFUL pic of your girl. I've been Spring purging here as well Mel. I have 5 bags in the car ready to drop to the oppie after the school drop off tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As summer winds down here, unfinished projects move into overdrive. It's now or next year for exterior painting. Still a good month or more for dividing perennials and planting trees.

    Your daughter is a true little beauty. Barbie case is "oh so sweet" I remember Barbie in the 60-70's wearing groin length dresses. With matching shorts they were called hot pants. And knee high white boots. Scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are precious.....and your glamour girl, you need to frame that! Barbie what a closet I hope she shares some of that space.....cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are obviously being rewarded for your generosity at the op shop! Vintage Barbie clothes! Your little girl is so lucky! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love Barbie's gown. I saw vintage sindy doll furniture at the boot sale today in its original box. Is it silly to buy it for a 4 month old??

    ReplyDelete
  6. A crochet outfit is much more appropriate isnt it.
    Ohh that pillowcase is lovely.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't view most of your photos again :-( but I do recognise that Barbie wardrobe! We got one as a hand-me-down c1978 or perhaps even earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness me you are a creative bunch over at Betsy's. That collage is great and Miss LG - adorable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh joy! I can see blogger photos again! All working at once! Woohoo, and so now I can truly appreciate your brilliant thrifty finds and home decorating in its full glory - brilliant. I can't believe you find sooo many vintage sheets. I haven't seen one here for ages, except the one that I missed on by a few minutes about a month ago ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you don't mind but I have nominated you for a leibster award over at my blog from tomorrow. Don't worry if you don't want to play, it's ok. Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that due tailed multi directional coloring. All those paint chips may have had an influence. This from a Wiley old art teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you found a new pillowcase,I thought you must have missed my comment about the fabric(always late in the day) Anyho isn't it wonderful to find a longed for bit.Admiring old Barbie shoes at this end too,how funny.Get some clothes on that little miss!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was never allowed a Barbie growing up and I think I might be scarred! A Barbie in vintage crochet seems like the perfect compromise!!! xx

    ReplyDelete