Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Buttony bits and bobs


Today I had a little revelation about Blogtoberfest. Basically, someone who is always late with her tax, takes a week to reply to an email, decides what to wear on the morning of and never puts the vegemite back in the same spot in the fridge, should not ever think that she can commit to daily blog posts.

 Rather than feel like a failure, I have decided to embrace the gesture of Blogtoberfest and aim to blog more than I ever have before in a given month, reducing the requirements down from 31 to 17 which feels remotely achievable. I would much rather do my usual wordier post every few days than conform and do something that is just not me.

The sewing project is on track, thanks to a lucky button find at the $2 shop. All I wanted were plain red buttons ( Spotlight was not coming to the party),  but isn't this a lovely little collection? Oh, yes in an ode to vintage sheet of the day (which also went by the wayside) they are displayed on a lovely tablecloth from the motherload stash.

This little crochet cushion number is coming along slowly but surely.


And this was a little pile from a few weeks ago before the farm jaunt. I just love the lilacs and greens in that blankie.


And lastly, in an exciting turn of events, miss Liongirl has suddenly progressed from producing meaningless scribble that  she talks up as the next Monet, to elaborate  family portraits. She seemed a little unsure as to whether the additional members are pets or grandparents.

9 comments:

  1. Go Liongirl. I seem to remember Tiss doing a similar picture of pirates+treasure that I posted to you some years ago. Definitely on the way to greatness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the colours on your crochet, Mel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we are on the same boat, Miss BG. Buttons and crochet are on my mind at the moment but where did all the wool go at Spotlight!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the earthy colours in that bottom sheet SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the art and love the fabrics..a perfect post! ps. posting some lovely fabric finds later tonight. yay for more bungalow blogging! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't life funny. I remember moving into a rental...about 15 years ago. The previous tentants had left a pile of those blankets, we thought they were so awful and daggy that we threw them away!
    The horror!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mel those vintage motherload stash delights are so lovely. I agree that spotlight doesn't always come to the party. Buttons are lovely and can be so interesting. I love my mums button box, it is full of treasures.

    And Liongirls picture is very special. don't you just love their creations?

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely picture and inspiration to spare, I wish I knew how to crochet, someday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ps. yes! i will have retro wallpaper, floral pillowcases, sheets and fabric scraps for sale at the yard sale! posting some photos over the weekend. :) xx

    ReplyDelete