Well there has been much busyness over here at Betsy's. I decided to start chopping up this vintage seersucker cherry tablecloth for my first project. It has some mild fading and a few holes so no stress over carving up this one. A few of you expressed distress over the proposed cutting up of vintage sheets. When they are completely pristine, I too would think twice. But several in my stash have got patchy fading or holes or just thinning in the middle of the sheet, so no hesitation.
See if you can guess what I started making today. There is a little clue. I wanted to start with something super easy with minimal stuff up potential. The best thing about conquering ones sewing machine issues is that it completely justifies ones vintage pattern collection. I have been
Popped into the oppie near school and look what I found. It has a tiny almost invisible crack on one scallop of the edge so it was $5. Pears are just a work of art in my opinion. The kids were banned from eating this installation yesterday until I had taken a good photo. Roboboy keeps calling them Rosella pears, when they are actually Corella pears - he has a real thing for native Australian birds, particularly the colourful ones.
And I haggled over this one. Op shop prices sometimes are just crazy. This tablecloth had bad staining all around the edge and would never return to tabletop glory. So not worth $7.50 so haggled down to $5 as I could already picture it sewn into a bag.
And how about finishing up with a vintage sheet of the day.