Monday, October 3, 2011

Vintage sheets and a winner


Well, as promised, here is the motherload of vintage sheets. Of course there is a story to this as well. After finding  my Baw Baw shire op shopping pamphlet, I had followed a little trail of op shops through Warragul. I think I found the little blue woodgrain sheet in the middle and that was all.

And then I stumbled onto the warehouse. A massive shed used as a storage facility for one of the op shops just visited. Normally, they don't let people like us out the back. But when I said I was particularly looking for vintage sheets, a little old lady led me through a maze of goods to some serious sheet storage racks out the back. And left me to ferret. I did have to dig a around a bit but look at that pile, some I have duplicates of too. And the best part- all priced at $3-4 each. I'm really excited about all the yellows as I want to make a quilt for our bed with all the yellows and browns. And the pinks and purples are for miss Liongirl.

I thought given that this is Blogtoberfest, I might do a daily sheet  photo up close for each post until I run out. Share the goodness in all the glorious detail so to speak.

Now, the other exciting news is that Liongirl and I drew a winner for my Cath Kidston book giveaway.
First we wrote and snipped and counted and counted again. Then we mixed and carefully reached in to pick a winner.




I was so pleased to see that the winner of my giveaway was Catherine from here. She and her lovely curly girl will be able to share this book  and unlike me who is all talk and no action with sewing projects, she has actually sewn things and shared with the bloggy community.

Me, I'm too busy trying to keep up the portfolio of miss Liongirl's crazy outfit selections. Fairy wings are the new must have accessory for school pick up.




11 comments:

  1. Holy sheets, Bungalowgirl! That is a dandy stash you've got there. I have a pile in the cupboards that I use for the beds and make shift tents. I just can't bring myself to cut them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little girl of yours has a flair for putting cool outfits together. She looks gorgeous in pink.
    I'm looking forward to seeing a pretty sheet a day during October, what a great score! I'm intrigued by the woodgrain one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liongirl, as always, adorable! Mischief maker, I am sure...
    Sheets! Dying at the sight of your stash... You know who to call if you ever need to offload a few of those... **wink**

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liongirl is so cute, I could eat her up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Because all of that pink frill HAS to be strawberry flavoured... right?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that pile of sheets is to die for!! You lucky duck unearthing all that yumminess! And Liongirl is a hop, skip and a jump away from the Paris catwalks :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm like Annie - I'd be putting the sheets on the bed but that's because sewing is not my thang!

    And hooray for Catherine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo motherload lucky you.Doesnt Miss L look gorgeous in her outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All that rummaging sounds like fun! Sherry :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. UH-MAZE-ING!!!!!!!!! what a beeeautiful selection. yay! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A big huge (belated!) thank you to you and your gorgeous Liongirl! catherine x

    ReplyDelete